Call for Applications
Funding opportunities for basic and applied research in 2019
Foundation for Science and Technology Development of Ton Duc Thang University (FOSTECT) announces funding opportunities for basic and applied research in 2019. Details are given as follows:
- The funding aims to support potential research projects and to promote scientific research activities of Ton Duc Thang University (TDTU);
- Developing research capacity of individuals and research groups;
- Promoting international cooperation in research with TDTU’s partners;
- Improving quality and quantity of scientific publications, inventions and applications.
2. Scope of Funding
- Funding will be provided to basic and applied research in all fields.
3. Applicant Eligibility
Applicants are TDTU’s researchers (both full-time and part-time) and other researchers around the world.
- Principal investigators have good research track records in the last five years;
- A project’s members have appropriate expertise and ability related to the proposal’s contents.
4. Deadline for Submission
From Jan 14th, 2019 to Feb 21st, 2019 (late applications will not be considered).
5. Funding criteria
FOSTECT prefers to consider funding topics based on the following criteria:
a) The Principal investigator uses at least 75% of the total budget for research activities (based on the explanatory budget plan):
- Guiding students, specially graduate students or doctoral students: the expenses for guiding students to complete their theses;
- Using the funding for post-doctoral research programs of Ton Duc Thang University;
- Attending domestic and international conferences/seminars (including travel and accommodation expenses);
- The expenses for purchase of supplies, chemicals, materials, tools and proposed equipment must be used directly for research activities (except Laptop or Desktop) and in accordance with current regulations on this activity;
- Research collaboration: the cost of inviting experts to the University for collaborative research, or the cost of collaborating with other research units outside the University.
b) Other expenses include the expenses for organizing seminars, symposiums, scientific conferences, purchasing documents, data and printing.
* Note: The payment will be processed by current policies.
6. Apply for Grants
a) Use FOSTECT Online Submission (FOS) to create and submit the application on http://fos.tdtu.edu.vn
b) Grant applications
- Application form (from FOS);
- Curriculum vitae of Principal Investigators (from FOS);
- Evidence of research outcomes (papers published, patents…);
- Budget plan.
Applications must be under two formats:
- Electronic copy: use FOSTECT Online Submission (FOS) to create and submit the application. After signing in, click on "Add new submission" and follow the instruction;
- Hard copy: 05 copies (01 original version certified by the Dean or Director of Faculty/Department and 04 copies) for TDTU's researchers;
- An electronic proposal signed (scanned in color) for TDTU’s external researchers;
- Evidence of research outcomes (papers published, patents…): only 01 copy.
Completed project applications must be sent to:
Foundation for Science and Technology Development
Room A303, Ton Duc Thang University, 19 Nguyen Huu Tho Street, Tan Phong Ward, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
If you have any question, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.