Call for Applications: Funding opportunities for basic and applied research in 2020 (the 2nd call)
Foundation for Science and Technology Development of Ton Duc Thang University (FOSTECT) announces funding opportunities for basic and applied research in 2020 (the 2nd call). Details are given as follows:
- To support potential research projects and to promote scientific research activities of Ton Duc Thang University (TDTU);
- To improve the research capacity of individuals and research groups in order to make TDTU a strong research university in Vietnam;
- To improve the quality and quantity of scientific publications, inventions or applied research into production; or file international patents;
- To promote domestic and international cooperation in basic research and applied research.
2. Scope and funding
a. Scope: Funding will be provided to basic and applied research projects in all areas with the potential of publication in the international scientific journals and of being highly cited; or eligible for application; and/or eligible for international patent registration.
- Basic research: The outcome and funding are based on the Decision No.2099/2019/QĐ-TĐT on regulation of salary of researchers, issued on July 26, 2019,
- Applied research: The funding depends on registered outcome(s) and actual expenses according to a scientific committee’s recommendation.
3. Applicant eligibility
a. Applicants are TDTU’s members and other researchers around the world who are willing to develop research cooperation with TDTU (approved FOSTECT’s President).
b. Criteria to a principal investigator and his/her members:
- A principal investigator must have a good research record according to the requirements of the research project; appropriate publications in prestigious international scientific journals and high scientific citations (according to ISI/Scopus standards) within 03 years to the time of submission. For a principal investigator who is not a TDTU's member, there must be at least one member who is a full-time member of TDTU to participate in the project and responsible for the financial procedure of the project;
- Project’s members must have appropriate research records related to the proposal’s contents.
4. Priority criteria of funding
FOSTECT will give priority to projects satisfying the following criteria:
a. At least 75% of the total budget is used for research activities (based on the budget plan according to the regulations of TDTU and other related regulations) as follows:
- Guiding students, specially graduate students or doctoral students: the expenses for guiding students to complete their theses;
- Funding post-doctoral researchers of TDTU;
- Attending domestic and international conferences/seminars (including travel and accommodation expenses);
- The expenses for purchase of supplies, chemicals, materials, tools and proposed equipment must be used directly for research activities (except Laptop or Desktop) and in accordance with current regulations on this activity;
- Research collaboration: the cost of inviting experts to TDTU for collaborative research, or the cost of collaborating with other research centers outside TDTU;
- Organizing seminars, symposiums, conferences,... at TDTU; purchasing documents, data and printing.
b. At most 25% is used for income of the principal investigator.
Note: All payments/remuneration will be processed according to current policies of TDTU and Vietnam.
5. Deadline for submission
From October 1st, 2020 to November 30th, 2020 (late applications will not be considered).
6. How to apply for funding
a. Use FOSTECT Online Submission (FOS) to create and submit the application at http://fos.tdtu.edu.vn
b. Grant applications
- Curriculum vitae of the principal investigator;
- Application form;
- Research proposal;
- Budget plan;
- Evidence of research outcomes (papers published, patents…), if any.
An application must be under two formats:
- Electronic copy: use FOSTECT Online Submission (FOS) to create and submit the application.
- Hard copy: Be certified by Dean/Director of Faculty/Institute/Department (either the project’s principal investigator who is a full-time member of TDTU or the project that has a member who is a full-time member of TDTU);
A completed project application in hard copy must be sent to:
Foundation for Science and Technology Development
Room A303, Ton Duc Thang University, 19 Nguyen Huu Tho Street, Tan Phong Ward, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Log in to post comments